|Project by elfman||posted 09-05-2013 03:53 AM||1587 views||3 times favorited||4 comments|
I have had this oak sitting around for several years now and promised my #2 Daughter a shelf. This summer I finally did it. This was my first project that I finished all the individual pieces before assembly. I really liked it in some respects, but the stress of screwing something up when assembling, after all the time spent in finishing was at DEFCON 1. In the end, I think for this kind of project finishing then assembling was easiest. Finish: I used one coat of Minwax Polyshades Honey Pine, then Minwax Quick Dry Poly – Satin. I am really happy with the finish. You can also see how did the hangers. I biscuit jointed all the lower shelves. The top shelf was screwed into the top then the holes plugged. Fun project and am pleased with the way it turned out. Thanks for viewing.
-- Of all the things I've lost - I miss my mind the most!