|Project by derrickparks57||posted 09-03-2013 08:11 AM||2598 views||7 times favorited||10 comments|
Pulled the motor out of a 40 year old dryer, 1/3 hp, 1725 rpm. My dad sent me the faceplate off of his old Craftsman sander that he hasn’t used in about 20 years. My Dad and his neighbor milled out a bushing sleeve so I could mount it onto the dryer motor shaft.
Anyway, finally got around to building the cabinet and the table for it. It’s all leftover 3/4” plywood scraps except for the table, it’s a piece of Red Oak I had leftover from a previous project. I hinged the table so it would be easier to change out the sanding discs. The switch is one I ordered for my tablesaw but later found out the old one was just clogged with sawdust. And the miter is the one from a junk bandsaw I threw out.
Now I just gotta order the discs for it and build a stand. Thanks for Looking!