|Project by eddy||posted 08-14-2013 04:33 PM||2227 views||15 times favorited||8 comments|
after seeing this upgrade/change being done for more than a year now i started cking with some of the guys that did this to see if they were having any issues with the motors being moved from horizontal to vertical. no one seamed to have any issus so i took the plung and did the change up. let me start by saying what i was using was a woodstock seperator lid on a 30 gallon trash can it was not bad but i was still filling the bag and pluging the filter.after this upgrade i put very little in the bag and the filter appears to still be reasonably clean. i have been using it like this for 2weeks making my average of 50 boxes i have empted the trash can 5 times and have about 3 hand fulls of fine dust in the bag this does have a thin baffle in the lid for the can. i went 5 inch from the blower motor to the seperator and 5 inch out. i used a 45 deg. fitting coming out of the sepertor instead o the 90 degi see a lot i think this should be better for air flow. as for air flow it is a lot beter than befor i can open all 4 blast gates and still have enough air flow to clean dust off the floor and this is with all flex hose that kills air flow.
and it is taking up less space
-- self proclaimed copycat