|Project by JoesBetterHalf||posted 08-12-2013 06:11 PM||1624 views||6 times favorited||10 comments|
I bought a piece of bubinga friday and spent my free time over the weekend making this cutting board and two sandwich boards. Other than the tear-out on the bubinga, I found it to be relatively easy to work with and highly rewarding when oiling (my favorite part of the whole process). the most frustrating part of this project were the sandwich boards. There were tiny little cracks in the maple i used and when i went to round over the edges with the router, a huge piece chipped off. So, back to the table saw they went. I cut of the damaged part, re-rounded the corners on the band saw and routed again. I have a wine glass holder in the garage with it’s second coat of poly on it. I’ll post a picture of all three when it is dry.
I love the contrast of the padauk and yellowheart along the sides of the bubinga. Reminds me of a mans shirt… or maybe just a shirt my husband would wear.