|Project by Tesla77||posted 08-05-2013 02:31 PM||3570 views||18 times favorited||10 comments|
So the wifey wanted this:
Not wanting to take a loan out for it, I went to the drawing board and sketchup’d a simple yet functional plan.
Sourced some solid pallet wood that was tight grain and in decent shape. I used my handy Sawzall to cut the boards off the pallet supports. This made for relatively quick teardown and preserved the nails on the show face. I ran new 1×4’s around the perimeter and secured the 2×4’s with the pallet wood sandwiched in between. This worked great. I finished by lightly sanding and staining the wood with Minwax. Galvanized light was purchased from Lowe’s (http://tinyurl.com/l3ew6ee) and I hardwired to the light with romex and a power cord. (http://tinyurl.com/kotpoug)
The last 2 pictures are of a wider headboard I made. This was a bit more challenging as I had to support the boards from behind where they were separated. Both were secured with bolts to the metal bed frame.
All in all, I happy with the way they turned out.