|Project by daveintexas||posted 07-22-2008 04:25 AM||2492 views||3 times favorited||24 comments|
Here is one of two armoires I have been working on. This one is built using mahogany, to match some other furniture in the room. It was built in two sections. The lower part with the 4 drawers, and then the upper part with pocket doors and tv slideout.
I tried to match the grain on the bottom drawers so that it flowed. And bookmatched the veneered panels in the pocket doors. And I tried to align the grain on the sides so as to appear continious.
The finish is a 3 part mix of tung oil, poly and mineral spiits, applied 3 coats.
The first picture is in the shop ready for delivery. The next two are at the clients home, with the hardware installed. Thanks for looking and questions and comments are welcome.