|Project by robscastle||posted 08-03-2013 10:21 PM||1084 views||1 time favorited||4 comments|
My wife Aurora and her friend Mirasol bought these two knives for camping.
I made the covers to prevent accidents back in May 2012, but I must have not bothered to post them as a project.
I commented on Aaron’s (AaronSKuehn) drawer divider and mentioned I had made some Knife covers that may be of interest to him.
I then realised I had not done a post!
Fairly straightforward construction, selected some nice featured Camphor laurel, used my milescraft lettering to route the names, cut it in half, removed enough material from the inner sides to accommodate the knife blade added a rare earth magnet to hold it on, glued it back together again surface finished it and added some finishing oil for preservation.
-- Regards Robert