|Project by brianadams||posted 221 days ago||1841 views||5 times favorited||19 comments|
This is the 2nd of the modified Stingray I have done. This one I decided to try a few different wood schemes and see how they might turn out, and I’m pretty satisfied! This was alder, cedar, douglas fir, and cedar again. The handles are leopard wood/lacewood. I make this design pretty small intentionally, roughly 4” tall by 6” wide and 5” total depth. As always, comments and critiques are very welcome!
I did find out however that cedar is not a great wood to use as a face. It’s super rough and hard to smooth out, and if you do any rounding like I did, it has weird layers that show very prominently. You can see especially in the top right face of the drawer. Now I know lol.
The last picture really shows the true color of the piece. Thanks for looking :)