|Project by ADHDan||posted 145 days ago||2500 views||14 times favorited||23 comments|
Finally finished my (preliminary) dust collection upgrade. I took the 2HP Harbor Freight DC, turned it on its side, and mounted it on a rolling cart that I built over the original Harbor Freight metal cart. I used a 5” to 4” metal duct reducer to connect the 5” DC inlet to my 4” Rockler dust separator kit, mounted in a 55 gallon fiber drum. I’ll run the separator infeed to a length of S&D pipe mounted to the wall, with a wye splitter at the end running one line direct to the table saw, and the other to a 10’ Rockler 4” dust hose with quick-connect fittings for all my tools.
The cart is roughed together because at this point I don’t even have a workbench in my shop (just moved), but eventually I can make things a little nice. I just needed to clear space and get DC set up right away, and this keeps all my components neatly in a 2’ by 4’ rolling cart.
-- Dan in Minneapolis, woodworking since 11/11.