|Project by Eric M. Saperstein||posted 07-27-2013 02:11 AM||812 views||4 times favorited||7 comments|
This project has been pending forever – we picked it up IDK around 2005 and it ended up sitting and the customer didn’t have room for it and gave it too us. In 2011 they decided they wanted it when they moved so we gave it back to them – remaining in possession of it. Then pending restoration we FINALLY got it into the queue and completed it this year. Sometimes projects just go like that, we had problems with our lathe, we got tied up in deadline projects, and this one had already after-all been sitting in storage for six years!
Anyway – Mike turned ALL of the legs and spindles as the originals were all damaged or lost in a move. Now self supporting we did the repairs on the back and the arms and back spindles. We also Jappaned the seat to renew it.
Once again – we have a bench! Straight forward enough.
-- Eric M. Saperstein, Master Craftsman www.artisansofthevalley.com