|Project by CypressAndPine||posted 07-21-2013 03:26 AM||1044 views||2 times favorited||7 comments|
This is a cheap piece of poplar I picked up at the big box store. I liked the dark rings on it. I didn’t try to remove them with bleach. I first routed the edges. I then drilled some holes and glued in 7/8” poplar dowels. I put 8 little sticky felt things on the back to keep it from damaging the wall. It is mounted with 2 drywall mounts and the screws are covered with little plugs. I have another one of these I built a couple years ago for 5 instruments. All three of these instruments were destroyed in hurricane Katrina. A local Luthier repaired the 2 Gibson acoustics and my brother repaired the American Strat. I now am the only person I know who has a Gibson mandolin with a french polish!!! I’m really excited to be able to finally display them properly.
-- Cypress Jake, New Orleans