LumberJocks

Makita 2040 Dust Collection Upgrade

  • Advertise with us
Project by Tyler Moseley posted 289 days ago 1067 views 1 time favorited 1 comment Add to Favorites Watch

Well, I started with lwllms design (http://lumberjocks.com/topics/10827) with the 4” vent and rubber pvc cap, and it worked ok, but, it was hard to seal, and harder to get all the chips from BOTH sides, usually just the one. So I took it apart and realized there was plenty of space inside the top to direct the dust more centrally, seal more effectively, and not cover as much of the back. I used a little silicone around the port and ramps, and foam tape at the top so the metal top can still be removed to clean or change blades, etc. but remains air tight when closed. Been working great!

-- Measure Twice, cut two, three times, plane, join, sand, coat, sand, coat, sand, coat, buff, wax, polish, brag. It's a process.





1 comment so far

View SuburbanDon's profile

SuburbanDon

475 posts in 1499 days


#1 posted 283 days ago

Looks good. I have to do the same kind of thing(s) in my garage.

-- --- Measure twice, mis-cut, start over, repeat ---

Have your say...

You must be signed in to post the comments.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics

HomeRefurbers.com

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics

GardenTenders.com :: gardening showcase