|Project by JonK||posted 411 days ago||1416 views||1 time favorited||4 comments|
So after adding a table with a fence and a mobile stand for my bench top drill I discovered that the crank for the table was hitting the new table. So what to do? After giving it some thought I looked around for a way to extend the crank away from the table far enough to easily crank the table up or down. I grabbed a old metal broom handle, a electrical conduit fastener and some scrap wood. The metal tubing from the broom was 3/4” and the stock crank was 1/2”. With a little time I made the wood into a off-set dowel for the tubing to join the stock crank. The conduit fastener was the right size to just screw in perfectly secure. I then placed the conduit onto the crack and mounted everything. I then had to make sure the new shaft could be supported so I used a 7/8” bit by drilling a hole into a piece of leftover plywood and then mount the new shaft. Now mounted…everything works great!
Let me know what you think.