|Project by waho6o9||posted 07-03-2013 03:47 AM||1264 views||1 time favorited||9 comments|
Sure was a lot of fun making different types of gauges. 2 of the best ones went to
Mos and hopefully he’ll be able to use them.
One wasn’t gliding smoothly so I attached a piece of UHMW (Ultra High Molecular Weight)
plastic to it and it worked a lot better. Then I figured he’d want to know the deminsions
of the mortises so I attached a self adhesive ruler from Rocklers on each one.
Then I wanted to make one with the least amount of hardware and came up with the one
that’s signed for the gauge swap.
I sent a ball peen hammer from the mallet swap time as well.
The blades were made out of a Japanese marking knife and a HSS from Harbor Freight
or it might have been from a lathe turning tool.
Many thanks to all the LJers on this fine Marking Gauge swap.