|Project by Andrew||posted 394 days ago||1290 views||6 times favorited||9 comments|
I decided to use up some scraps to make these. I glued up random widths of scraps – I did this 4 times. Each glue-up was about 12” wide. The thicknesses ranged from about 1/2” to 3/4”, and the lengths varied. I then crosscut all 4 boards into 1.25” wide strips. The last 2 pictures are of the 4 initial glue-ups.
I did the final glue-up like any end grain board, except I randomly picked strips and orientation from the 4 glue-ups. It was certainly not the most efficient way to use scraps, but I sure like how they turned out.
They are 12” x 16” x 1.5” Finished with GF Salad Bowl finish diluted 50%.
Woods used include (I’m sure I am forgetting at least one!)
Maple, Walnut, Cherry, Ash, Oak, Jatoba, Purpleheart, Bloodwood, Sapele, Hickory
Thanks for looking.
-- Andrew - Albany. NY