|Project by Grumpy||posted 06-25-2013 05:35 AM||3493 views||8 times favorited||11 comments|
My Sister-in-Law asked if I would make a pair of sliding bookends.
She picked a design that Sonnyr used on his project http://lumberjocks.com/projects/76244, thanks Sonnyr.
It was not a difficult job but fiddly just the same.
I used ‘Eastern Red Cedar’ and ‘Radiata Pine’
On the base, the grooves are dovetailed to allow adjustment of the uprights. Larger holes are in the center to allow the uprights to be fitted.
Here are the dimensions if anyone wants to make one.
On the uprights I used brass pen making sleeves, cut to length, to run through the grooves and fixed spring loaded pins to the outside sleeves I made the pins from small compression springs, threaded pins & nylon wall plugs cut to length.
Finished with several coats of wipe on poly.
Thanks for looking.
-- Grumpy - "Always look on the bright side of life"- Monty Python