|Project by paulcanbuildthat||posted 06-19-2013 07:47 PM||1076 views||1 time favorited||5 comments|
This is one of the first frames I built. For this particular one, I found a nice “ivy” motif trim piece at the local home improvement store.
The second photo is a close-up of the actual trim piece already attached to the underlying poplar board. In order to increase the strength of the frame, I added biscuits to the mitered corners. The third picture shows the biscuits already cut into the end of the frame pieces.
The fourth and fifth photos show the frame details after staining. I used a nice walnut stain and applied polyurethane to the result for a fairly shiny finish.
I was very happy with the results…
Thanks for looking!
-- Paul, amateur woodworker, http://www.paulcanbuildthat.com