|Project by Gene||posted 07-11-2008 01:39 AM||1363 views||0 times favorited||3 comments|
I made this clock from a cut off at a local mill. I ordered a clock kit from Lee Valley and used a photo or my girlfried and myself. I used my 4” x 24” belt sander to flatten the surface where the photo was mounted. Getting it to stand was a little tricky but with some patients and my 6” x 48” belt sander it worked out. From there I stained the surface a deep red almost brown. Then glued the photo down with a simple glue stick so that it wouldn’t wreck the photo. Then simply coated it with many many many layers of spar urathane. I was going to use epoxy but I couldn’t think of a way to keep it from dripping over the sides and I wanted the back of the clock to be attractive. I hope you like it and if you have any comments or suggestions I would love to here them.
-- --Gene Plumley--