|Project by Scott C.||posted 06-17-2013 01:35 PM||5116 views||74 times favorited||34 comments|
These are a pair of nightstands from a full bedroom set I’m making. They are made from baltic birch ply for the case and drawer boxes, solid cherry and walnut, and cherry ply. Finished with Arm-R-Seal and rubbed out with Swilley's wax. These were an original design and I think I spent about as much time designing them as I did making them. I really wanted to make the most efficient use of sheet goods, keep the costs low, and construction technique relatively simple. I did learn through this process that pocket screws are not the best choice for drawer boxes. Drilling 14 pocket holes per drawer x 8 drawers (plus the other 6 that will be in the long dresser), was a royal PITA. Next time it will be rabbets, glue and brad nails. Although there’s always a few areas that stick out to me, I’m pretty happy with the outcome. Next up will be a long dresser version and maybe a tall dresser in the future. Thanks for looking!
-- measure twice, cut once, swear and start over.