|Project by Kean||posted 06-12-2013 02:38 AM||2056 views||5 times favorited||7 comments|
Finally completed this today. The design is an amalgamation of a number of different plans, adapted to fit my needs.
- The cabinet is 3/4 maple plywood salvaged from another project that went bad.
- The top is made of two layers of MDF, 1 layer of hardboard, maple edging and laminated top and bottom.
- The lift is a Rockler branded Jessum Rout-R-Lift that I got a a very good price when Rockler stopped selling them.
- The fence is a Benchdog Profence (Amazon.com)
- The blue T-track is Rockler T-track
- The combination miter slot & T-track is Benchdog. (Amazon.com)
- The combo casters/Leveling legs are Benchdog. (Woodcraft, I think)
- The switch is from Grizzly Tools
- Door handles are Ikea
- Hinges and magnetic latches are from the Blue home center.
- The router is a Bosch I had hanging around not being used (I prefer my Porter Cable for hand held work)
And, just because someone is sure to ask: Why are the doors green? The original project was painted with green milk paint and I was too lazy to repaint them. :)
-- Kean - It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye.