|Project by WhiskeyChris||posted 183 days ago||2574 views||10 times favorited||10 comments|
I needed saw horses because i didn’t have any type of working surface at home. I’m more familiar with using power tools, but i dont have the space in my garage to store them, so my hand tool skill level wasn’t as superb as i thought it was.
Quick notes about this project
- biggest mistake was offsetting the mortise & tenon joint pin holes too much and busting out a hunk of wood. Fixed it with wood glue, but wish i didn’t have this nightmare to deal with.
- Planing wood takes loads of energy and takes up a ton of time.
- If you are new to hand tools, be sure to use a saw that has a minimum of 5 teeth per inch.
- Have plenty of clamps on hand
- If you don’t have a surface to work on top of, be nice to a neighbor that will lend you one of theirs. just be prepared to bake them some cookies afterwards if you do.
- I built a CAD file for this project so let me know if anyone would like a certain file format, and I will be happy to accommodate requests.
-- This is all make believe just like Bernoulli and his stupid principal.