|Project by SPHinTampa||posted 06-09-2013 04:20 PM||1196 views||1 time favorited||3 comments|
These are getting a little addictive.
Japanese style lamp, modeled after lamp boxes intended to protect candle from wind. I believe the character is called “mon” and means equality and peace.
- Handle and base made from mahogany. Side made from maple plywood
- Mostly rabbets for joinery on body
- Handle joined via exposed dowel
- Circles cut using jig on router
- Patterns cut on scroll saw
- Finish is shellac on handles, linseed oil on lamp body. Entire assembly waxed.
If you are interested in more detail, I posted a construction blog (click on here for link)
-- Shawn, I ask in order to learn