|Project by Acelectric||posted 06-06-2013 12:28 AM||681 views||1 time favorited||3 comments|
My mandrel saver and pen kits came in today. I couldn’t wait to make a pen. I used some cedar scraps from my grandfathers shop. Cut the blanks to length and drilled them out. Glued in the tubes and squared off the ends. Installed on the lathe and started making sawdust. I turned them down to fit the bushings then put on 2 coats of sealcoat and 5 coats of spray lacquer. There are a few minor blemishes but I think it turned out well for my first attempt. My wife has already laid claim to it lol.
Thanks for looking.
-- Thank goodness I don’t do this for a living, because I would surely starve.