|Project by Greg..the Cajun Wood Artist||posted 06-03-2013 02:11 AM||2432 views||14 times favorited||15 comments|
Today was a most busy and productive day. I have been wanting to re vamp my filters on my dust collector for quite a while now. I ordered 2 Wynn filters a few months back and they have been sitting in my shop gathering dust (on the outside)...I finally got tired of looking at them and stopped my box making today so I could build this setup.
This is very simple and very effective…although it ain’t pretty…
My wife asked me if I was planning to sculpt it…
This is not my design…it is from another Lumberjock BugZ
I had everything laying around the shop to make it except the threaded rods…so I drew my design on paper, cut it out and glued the top section and the bottom section together…and then drove to Lowes while the glue was drying to buy 6 threaded rods 3/8×36”. I also picked up 2 drain cleanout plugs and drove home to finish it.
I could kick myself for not building this sooner because it works great and only took a few hours to complete. I sealed the inside with lacquer to create as smooth a finish as possible to help the airflow at maximum potential by not having dust stick to the plywood sides. I decided not to paint the outside since it is located under my stairs and is enclosed and out of sight.
The two filters really work great and they improve suction tremendously because of the reduced back-pressure…almost like adding a few HP to the motor. I made the top removable by using 4 draw catches and some gasket material. More convenient than taking off the big clamp if I want to take it outside. I also put some wheels on the bottom.
-- Each step of every Wood Art project I design and build is considered my masterpiece… because I want the finished product to reflect the quality and creativeness of my work