|Project by iamcliff||posted 455 days ago||1706 views||13 times favorited||4 comments|
My dad was in town this week and bought me one of those fancy lithium-ion battery powered drills. I put it in a diaper box along with another battery charger for my weed-eater.
Having young kids, I’m a proponent of the diaper box storage system (I store all my cut-offs in diaper boxes), but in this case I wanted something better for my drill.
So I searched Lumberjocks for charging stations and found several and began putting mine together.
I still have some of the MDF from when I made my exact width dado jig (which I’ve been itching to use). You can see my build of it here.
I cut it to size then got the dado jig out and cut the dados. It worked great.
Then I needed to cut slots on the second shelf to hold the drills. All I have for cutting holes is a 1.5” hole saw or a 2.5” forstner bit. The 1.5” was the perfect size so I used it in the drill press and then used the jig saw to finish the slots.
Then I began glue up and started with the shelves.
I left room in the back behind the shelves to add a french cleat, but forgot to stop the dado and went all the way through, so I decided to cut some small pieces to fill in.
Then I cut the french cleat to size and glued the top half behind the shelves.
Then I hung it on the wall.
Not very pretty, but functional. One day I will graduate to making more actual furniture projects rather than all shop projects. I made a couple of mistakes along the way, but I also learned a lot even from this simple project.
Thanks for looking.