|Project by Dave T||posted 07-05-2008 05:39 AM||1312 views||1 time favorited||4 comments|
This is the start of a new bedroom set. Set will include bet head board and fooot board, armoire, a dresser and this night stand. The plans are in Woodsmith, modified slightly. In their article they used to stain to create the contrast. I decided to use walnut for the top and base. Main body, door and drawer face are cherry, drawer interior poplar, and the top and base walnut. The finish I am not totally satisfied with, but nothing a couple of top coats of polyurethane won’t fix. The product I used was from Minwax, with tung oil in it. It feels really nice, almost like silk but it’s not as durable as the can claims it is. I think a mild buffing and then some poly on top will correct it. Thanks for looking.