|Project by MasterSergeant||posted 05-05-2013 11:40 PM||1745 views||4 times favorited||3 comments|
I started this project last fall when I harvested a large limb from my neighbors Mulberry tree. The lamps shape came from trial and error of earlier lamp attempts. Drilling the 3/8” hole the length of the lamp was made easier with the 4 jaw chuck. I purchased a set of jaws some time ago but never used them until now, I’ll be using them a lot more after this turning! I used China Wood Tung oil for the finish, putting on 3 coats with 24 hours between coats.
I like this lamp very much, the Mulberry yellow tuned golden with the bit of sapwood at the base complementing the shape and color.
Hope you like it, thanks for looking!
-- Kelly, woodworker under construction