Between working full time and working on an MBA I’m finding it hard to make time to kick up some sawdust these days. Luckily I was able to get a few hours here and there over the last few weekends. I had a piece of walnut leftover from the desk project, and saw this idea in a magazine, and ran with it. I did however increased the dimensions and use a different veneer. Ash Olive burl veneer for the top and walnut all around. As you can tell from my other projects, this is the first time I’ve built something “small” which presented it’s own set of problems. Primarily cutting small pieces on the table saw. Blades and fingers don’t mix but thankfully I still have all of mine. Approx. 11” X 7” X 5”. Sorry…no picture of the inside. It’s nothing special. I used 1/4” plywood for the veneer backing and the bottom. I think it came out alright. Now I just need to find something to put in it. Then again…as I’m typing this, my brother and his wife are having boy #2, so maybe it’ll be a gift.