|Project by KENVO||posted 04-27-2013 08:01 PM||1307 views||4 times favorited||13 comments|
This project was one that i started as a whim. I saw a lady carrying one on the street at a photo shoot and thought my boy would love one.
When I got home I picked over the scrap pile and pulled out enough to build it. I used doug fur, aspen, alder, pine and oak buttons to cover the inset screws. I stained it red mahogony and seeled it with three coats of spray laquer. Its assebled with pocket hole screws and glue. I drilled 1/4 inch holes down the back of the head and my wife is going to epoxy black yarn in and give this pony some hair.
It was a fun project with no plans and no real problems.
The last couple pics are of my son getting to see it for the first time. It’s a fraction to big for him to sit comfy but that just means it will fit him longer and with another baby on the way this horse is going be around for awhile.
-- Somebody has to do something, and it's just incredibly pathetic that it has to be us.-- Jerry Garcia