|Project by Jason||posted 06-26-2008 06:30 AM||1240 views||1 time favorited||10 comments|
I wanted to get our small safe attached to the wall, and bring it up off of the floor while I was at it. This took 2 sheets of pre-finished ApplePly, and some solid walnut for trim. Two sheets wasn’t quite enough – I made a couple more shelves (not pictured) out of birch, which I finished with a wipe on poly.
Overall it came out like I planned. It’s hard to tell from the pictures, but the tops of the side panels slope up towards the back. The safe is mounted to the 2×4 stand which is attached to the walls. The access to the attic is directly above, so that constrained the design a little more, especially in terms of height and depth. It’s difficult to get a full top to bottom picture in those cramped quarters. What you can’t see is a 9” deep drawer at the bottom on the right side.