|Project by guitchess||posted 04-06-2013 11:48 PM||1092 views||4 times favorited||9 comments|
My SIL is expecting and has an extremely tall bed(I think she has it on risers for more storage underneath) so she needed a little extra help getting in and out. So, I used it as an excuse to play around. I didn’t want it to be too boxy so I put slight curves in the panels. I wanted it to be as stable as possible so I splayed the legs 8 degrees. In my tests, it seemed to be rock steady even when trying to tip the stool. Stain conditioned with a homemade mix based on Charles Neil’s, dyed with medium brown water based, Sherwood oil based stain, and then precat lacquer top coat. I have more time in sanding than everything else.