|Project by KoryK||posted 04-04-2013 11:41 PM||6305 views||17 times favorited||39 comments|
Here is my newest project and this is the closest I came to giving up and throwing a project away. It was VERY frustrating with 425 pieces and a lot of them being very small. The women was fairly easy compared to the leaves and twigs for the background. Plus each leave is cut separately and look almost alike. I did try a few new things on this one. The first is the wall around the window was made with pine, but I wanted to make it looked aged, so I used a blowtorch to lightly burn the surface of the wood. The second is hard to see but I wanted to make it look like it had just started to rain, so I used clear epoxy and made rain drops (best seen in the last picture). Hope it turned out ok.
It was made with oak, pine, cortez, walnut, ash, curly maple, mahogany, ebony, coca bola, purple heart, blood wood, yellow heart, cherry and no stains were used. It was finished in satin and is 23”x18”.
Thanks for looking.
-- If you not making sawdust, your probably wasting your time. Kory