|Project by Topsailor||posted 04-03-2013 04:07 AM||1006 views||1 time favorited||4 comments|
So here it is, my first attempt at an adirondack style chair. At the time of original construction I did not have a bandsaw so all the cuts were made at the miter saw and then curved by hand with a belt sander. I originally planned to finish it with an outdoor poly but while the first coat was drying my daughter decided to put a couple nails in it for me. So reluctantly I filled the wholes and started to paint, but with all the slats the paint was collecting on the sides. There I was again, with a problem, so I completely disassembled the chair and sanded all the parts back to bare wood. Then I primed them and painted again. It took six months to complete the chair because it always seemed like the last thing I wanted to do or because I was throwing sawdust and didn’t want to put a coat of paint on. Many nights I would wake up and remember that I didn’t paint it before closing the garage, but never went to work on it. So finally I made it a priority and here it is.