|Project by woodshop101||posted 04-03-2013 01:35 AM||719 views||0 times favorited||3 comments|
This was my first furniture project from 2012. We wanted nightstands that were tall enough for our bed but didn’t want to spend the money to buy them, so I decided to make them. It took a long time and I made plenty of mistakes but at the end I was happy with the result. I used plywood for all the parts with the exception of the aprons. I made those out of plywood at first but ended up having to remake them out of pine because the dowel joinery I used split the original plywood aprons. I laminated two pieces together into blanks for the tapered legs. I remade numerous parts and would love to rebuild them using different joinery and nice wood, but the loml wants them painted black and I couldn’t stand having nice walnut nightstands painted… Twould be a crime!
-- Justin, Ft. Worth, TX