|Project by zombeerose||posted 06-16-2008 10:50 PM||1996 views||6 times favorited||7 comments|
In addition to the urn I made for Surge, the greyhound I lost last month, I also made this one for my other greyhound named Candy. This urn is out of tarara canarywood with bloodwood for the accents. The bottom panel is alder.
The lid is slightly rabbeted so the box can be stacked with similarly sized urns. The hole near the top lip on the face of the first picture is for a sliding dovetail “key” that locks the lid down. The last picture provides a better detail image of how it works.
The finish is about 3 coats of shellac wiped on and then buffed with wax.
May Candy have many strong, healthy years before this box sees any use.
-- Maximize - Your Time, Your Experiencies, Your Life, Yourself!