|Project by ScottAlan||posted 03-16-2013 02:22 PM||3909 views||18 times favorited||14 comments|
After twenty fours years, I finally replaced my college end tables and lamps. I made a set of three walnut lamps and aged cherry end tables. I baked the cherry tables on my deck last summer in the drought for 30 days. They turned very dark. Then I applied a light coat of General Finishes “antique cherry” stain. Finally two coats of satin urethane.The table plan is from Woodsmith Vol 22/No 127.
The lamp is a variation of a Wood magazine plan. The lamp has three CFL bulbs in it. The frame of the lamp has frosted glass inserted into the frame on each side. The cut glass was about $65 total. The two internal lamps back light the frame inside the lamp. I put a cord switch near the base of the lamp. I built the lamp base so it comes apart to change bulbs. It’s a little too big for the tables I made, but I’m OK with it. I only put tung oil on the walnut.