|Project by cricket324||posted 03-16-2013 12:56 AM||1316 views||2 times favorited||5 comments|
I was asked by a co-worker at Home Depot if I could fix a bench she used in her garden after it was broken. She had just purchased new cushions for it and really couldn’t afford to replace the bench. The bench she brought me was very simply contructed and I quickly determined it would be easier to build her a new one, rather than try and fix the old one. The construction method I used was fairly simple. Straight cuts and constuction grade lumber. I used mostly scraps from around my shop. The arms were constructed from left over pieces of 5/4 board and the rest was all 2×4s. The entire project took me two days and cost around $5.00. And of course I got stuck babysitting, which explains why my granddaughter is sitting in the middle of my creativity. But she’s awesome. Hope you enjoy the new bench, Susan. And thanks, Dad, for inspiring me.