|Project by luv2learn||posted 03-12-2013 08:31 PM||13260 views||75 times favorited||30 comments|
This is the first phase of a three phase upgrade to my drill press. The plans for all three phases can be found in ShopNotes Magazine vol. 22 Issue 128.
I went to a thrift store a bought a set of roller blades for $5.00. I took the 8 wheels and trashed the rest. I mounted the wheels with 5/16” x 2 1/4” hex head bolts drilled and taped into the frame. I made my own knobs and stops as you can see in photo #3. Those are water hose washers super glued to the bottom of the stops. I cut four pieces of 5/16” x 4 1/2” long all thread and super glued them to the knobs and the stops. About a turn and a half of the knobs is all it takes to steady the base and keep the stand from rolling.
Next is the storage unit and then the table.
Thanks for looking. Your comments are always welcome.
-- Lee - Northern idaho~"If the women don't find you handsome, at least they ought to find you handy"~ Red Green