|Project by pastahill||posted 367 days ago||2118 views||2 times favorited||10 comments|
I got this jointer a few years ago at the *Bay. It´s a Inca (no, not Incra) swissmade quality tools. Now it was time for a little restauration. The bearings and the motor was o.k.,so i just cleaned everything and painted the jointer in hammerit dark green to fit my other tools in the shop. I doubled about the lenght of the in- and outfeedtable with 1 inch thick baltic plywood and epoxyed a 2/8 thick stainless steel plate on them. I made this upside down on a 3/4 inch thick glass plate. Clampt everything well that it get straight. The sides where reinforced with metal bars. The base was much more work. The legs and strechers where good but as panels, somebody just screwed old hardbord to them. and paited everything in a muddy tone. I striped everything down and sanded the legs and strechers and found out, that the base was build in beech. I made infill panels from curly maple and the molding is wallnut.The baseplate i made completly new from 1 inch particleboard, beause the old one was warpt and crackt.The finish is shellac. Inside the base i constructed a closed sled to the new opening for the dust collecting, which works very well. The wiring was old, so i made it to the new standard with an emergency stop. The only thing what left ofer, is to build a belt cover, that newbody grabs in.
-- If anybody find spelling mistakes, can keep them!