|Project by TOPO||posted 03-03-2013 08:57 PM||3586 views||13 times favorited||7 comments|
Hey, yesterday when looking at the last entry blog made by yuridichesky here , I saw that he was experiencing the same issue as I did in the past. Both systems described there where not working for me. Using the one from woodgears.ca made the dowels split badly (probably my fault in selecting the wood) and the one using overlapped holes got issues too as I was unable to laid them correctly.
Then I saw the post from yuridichesky …and light at the end of the tunnel! I even tried to make it more simple, and after 45º chamfering the hole up to 4mm depth, I cut 8 slots using an angle grinder up to 5mm dept. Fairly simple :-)
worked like a charm, so I decided to post a video :
<iframe src=”http://www.youtube.com/embed/_bmq6va7TT4” frameborder=”0” height=”315” width=”420”></iframe>
Sorry for the bad quality…. I am using a very old digital camera to capture the video.
Good news is that after a bit of sanding, dowels are consitently between 9.8 and 9.9 milimeter, that was exactly what I was aiming to have! My rythm was from raw lumber to 50cm length of dowel in 6 minutes :-)
Many thanks yuridichesky! and best regards to all lumberjocks!
-- El Topo, Madrid (Spain)