|Project by ChuckM||posted 03-03-2013 04:38 PM||1837 views||5 times favorited||3 comments|
More than a year ago, I made 10 business card holders (http://lumberjocks.com/projects/55336) and they were all—including the one I reserved for myself—quickly given to or snapped off my hands by family and friends. Since then, I’ve been asked to make a “few” more and a few more here and a few more there have turned into a backlog.
So for the last time, I spent the past few days in the shop, making the second but also the last batch of card holders—18 in total, including one for myself:
Stock preparation (resawing and cutting all pieces to size) – 4 hours+
Drilling (vertical precision is critical) – 2 hours
Assembly (gluing and fine tuning: have 100 small clamps/binder or bullnose clips around if you want to be efficient) – 3 hours
Sanding and routing – 2 hours
Finishing (old oil English and wax) – 1 hour
Fixing mistakes – 1 hour+ (To err is human: the last pic shows my “stack and cut” error.)
Today (Sunday) will be spent in front of my shop (garage)—shoveling snow (15 cm of white stuff expected)!
-- The time I enjoy wasting is not time wasted