|Project by Todd A. Clippinger||posted 06-09-2008 03:46 AM||3158 views||2 times favorited||40 comments|
This bench was commissioned by the lady that placed the winning bid on my Shaker Bench for Charity
The bench was made to go with an existing dining set. The wood is cherry and it has a distressed finish with worm holes, dings, a dents.
The pattern in the apron was templated from the table.
Confession time. I did not make the legs. They cost me $50 each from Michael Burak Designs. They are made from cherry and they were perfect. I think the total bill came to $220 with shipping. I could not have made even one leg for the cost of all four legs and so it made good financial sense. If I made the legs myself I would not have sold it for what I would have had to charge. As a contractor I feel no shame in subcontracting work out.
The finished bench looks like it was ordered with the original dining set.
The stain was a perfect match, it is Sherwin’s BAC Wiping Stain. It dries to topcoat in 30 minutes. The finish is Sherwin’s pre-cat lacquer T77-F37.
-- Todd A. Clippinger, Montana, http://americancraftsmanworkshop.com