|Project by jayman7||posted 02-27-2013 02:03 PM||1571 views||6 times favorited||8 comments|
I finished a couple picture frames for myself last weekend. I’ve made plenty before, but all for other people. There was sapwood in some of the wood but I kinda liked how it looked so I left it in. I finished it with satin poly. In hindsight, I should’ve used an oil/varnish blend for a closer to the wood look. It’s hard to tell in the pics, the simple miters are reinforced with walnut splines.
I cut the mat out as well. In the past I bought precut mats, but found out it’s much cheaper to buy a big sheet and cut it out to any size I want. I’m also trying to get into amateur photography so I used a couple of my favorite shots to put into the frames. I used shutterfly to print the pictures and I was really impressed by the quality of the 11×14” prints.