|Project by Alexandre||posted 563 days ago||903 views||1 time favorited||6 comments|
The reason why I made this is because, on February the 4th, 2013, the Canadian Mint said they’ll stop circulating pennies! That’s right! NO PENNIES!
So obviously, It was worth saving ONE penny, and sending the rest back into stores for them to send them to the mint.
- The wood I used is a 1 3/4” block of Maple. It is 3/4” thick.
- A penny is 3/4” wide. Perfect for a forstner bit to drill it.
- After drilling the 3/4” hole, I drilled a 1/4” hole to house a “1/4 Lee valley magnet ...
- The penny is easily removed, since a 1/2” magnet is stronger than a 1/4” magnet.
- I might just put a coat of mineral oil and beeswax on the wood.
- I’m still considering on making a cover…
Now, How much do you think a Canadian penny is going to be worth in about 150 years? lol.
Also, this penny has some story to it.
It is a new penny, shiny and 2011..
I found it while walking home from school, outside the grocery store.
Thanks for looking.
Hope you enjoyed.
Remember, All comments are Welcome!
-- My terrible signature...