|Project by MrJesse34||posted 02-04-2013 08:51 PM||1362 views||0 times favorited||1 comment|
So I started this in October, as a humidor for my friend for Christmas. Didn’t realize quite what I was getting myself into with a deceptively simple project of building a box. I had a nice piece of locally harvested air dried black walnut that I used for the outside box, and then went a bought some spanish cedar at a local lumber shop. All pieces were milled on my bandsaw and the straight cuts were on the radial arm saw. Once I had it built, I sanded down to 400 grit all the way around. 2 coats of danish oil, one wet sanded in. Then 2 coats of shellac, 400 grit and steel wool in between coats. The pictures aren’t that great, make it seem shinier than it was.
The hinges were hand mortised with a utility knife. Thanks for looking!!