|Project by Gary Lucas||posted 02-01-2013 09:56 PM||4775 views||17 times favorited||34 comments|
The workbench is 12 ft long with the following features.
1. Top is masonite which can be easily removed when damaged over 2×4 on edge for support with multiple vertical honeycomb MDF supports.
2. Top has a T slot running the length. This allows for easy connection of stops, or holddowns, or other tools that need temporary support. I have made use of T-slot so far with a lamp/magnifier, and stops/holddowns, and a holder for my Kreg Pocket hole jig.
3. The workbench has 3 vises and 20 electrical outlets on their own 20 amp service. ( i use a lot of power tools)
4. The workbench has 2 cupholders ( Before I seemed to knock over my drinks too often!)
5. The doors used up leftover pegboard and cover lots of additional storage space.
6. The back has built in paper towel holder along with cutout so you can sit with your legs under the bench.
7. The top overhang is enough to clamp to, but still allow easy access to outlets.
-- Go create sawdust