|Project by Elwood89||posted 401 days ago||887 views||3 times favorited||8 comments|
I didn’t get wind of the mallet swap in time to participate, but seeing all of them motivated me to make one. I had been using an old mallet that I bought from an antique shop several years ago. This was the first time I’ve made any kind of tool and I’m very pleased with the way they turned out.
I followed my own advice regarding small projects…never make just one.
I used Paduak and Tineo for the handles and used Bubinga and Moabi for the heads. Finished with teak oil. The weights are about 16 ounces. The angle on the face is 5 degrees, I copied the head of my old mallet.
By far, my best use of scrap wood yet.
-- Elwood, making sawdust in Germany, http://www.AnsbachArtisans.com