|Project by clieb91||posted 01-22-2013 02:48 AM||1995 views||0 times favorited||6 comments|
One of the New Year tasks for 2013 was to better organize the sewing room. As you can see in pics 2 and 3 things had gotten a bit crazy. I collect wood and my DW collects fabric. She has gotten some great deals recently on a large amount of fabric and the organization just got behind. I am happy to report that this task is almost entirely taken care of. This project is not 100% complete as I have one more wall mountable cabinet to make for her, but with the recent news that we have a craft fair coming up in March, that will have to wait for a short period of time.
This is one of the bigger projects that I have worked on and all the pieces had to match. So I did learn a good number of tricks for handling large pieces in my small shop. You can see in pic 4 how I used my table saw with some wood added to make an extension for my miter saw. This also allowed me to position it so that I could create a stop so all 6 sides were cut to the same length. I also notched all the sides to fit over the trim in the room. The 5th pic shows all the parts cut, predrilled and ready to move to the garage for assembly. I used the Kreg Jig to predrill all the parts and the final assembly was pretty easy. All in all I am very happy with the way it turned out and she likes them as well and as you can see has taken some time to put things together.
Oh almost forgot the wood is all laminate that I have had in my shop for quite a while now due to a clearance sale at the big Orange Place almost 4 years ago now. I actually built my lumber rack when I bough this stuff. But considering it was only like $4 a panel I think the wait was worth it.
Now off to make stuff for the fair.
-- Chris L. "Don't Dream it, Be it."- PortablePastimes.com (Purveyors of Portable Fun and Fidgets)