|Project by Jim Y||posted 01-21-2013 08:51 PM||3147 views||6 times favorited||7 comments|
These were our first set of speakers. I decided to go with a proven design and the Zaph kits from Madisound were well regarded. My soldering skills are not up to snuff, so I bought the crossovers pre-assembled.
We found the walnut veneer on CL for a great price and went with the iron on method. Hardest part was wrapping it around the round over on the baffle. We finished them with Watco danish oil by wet sanding it in with the grain on the first coat, and wiping the remaining. I think we applied about 5 coats total.
Sorry I don’t have any assembly pics, this was our first “real” project and we were too wrapped up to grab the camera.
Under the speaker boxes in the second pic, you can see my 1934 Delta Uni. More on that on another post.