|Project by Tcombad||posted 01-20-2013 04:54 AM||12897 views||52 times favorited||11 comments|
My original model was a piece of plywood laid across the 2×4s screwed to another piece of plywood. I was getting some sagging of the top piece that was causing gaps on my cutting board glue-up.
I added a piece of mdf for a flatter bed, and put aluminum angle on the 2×4’s. i used crossed strings to insure they where parralel. The new platform is of 3/4” melamine with more aluminum angle on the sides so my router table insert fits perfectly between them. I was using my plunge base before and having the micro adjustment of the fixed base is a major improvement. Able to take of alot less material then before.
I’m going to through bolt the angle to melamine to try and make sure theres no sag in the middle again.
-- Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut. - Papa Hemingway